Duration: 1 day Monday 28th September 9.30 -4.30
Course Description: Understanding different project types, their purpose and deliverables can be a complicated process. choosing the project team, defining outputs, costing, managing the team and time management all need to be considered to ensure a successful outcome.
This one day interactive workshop with short inputs, discussions, diagnostics, exercises and syndicate work will help you understand the role of the project manager and your team.
Who should attend? Anyone working in projects as a team member, team leader or project manager.
What will it cover?
- Understanding different project types, their purpose and deliverables.
- Reviewing past projects strengths and weaknesses to identify and differentiate key issues with your projects.
- Identify, scope and prioritise key outcomes for your projects.
- Organising projects, teams and steering groups at management level and at frontline level.
- Knowing how to plan and record project milestones and stages, dependencies and networks.
- Understanding how to set time scales including Gantt charts.
- Managing project resources and costs.
- Building a project team effectively for the best outcomes.
- Becoming more self aware of your team type (belbin and NLP models) and that of others and to being able to adapt your communication to get the best results out of everyone.
- Being able to adapt your leadership style to meet changing priorities and time scales.
- Understanding the importance of outcome quality and how to measure it.
- Understanding the importance of project documentation for everyone.
- Understanding project controls and meeting and amending the plan.